UK Sole Representative Visa
UK Sole Representative Visa conceptualizes exploring business avenues in the UK and unfolding more prospects for overseas business. This is an ideal pathway to enter the international market while also advancing your chances at UK Residency. UK Business Visas are a perfect platform to grow and nurture your business ideas and prosper overseas.
WHAT IS AN OVERSEAS OR SOLE REPRESENTATIVE VISA?
This visa is often seen as a very popular option for those looking to apply for the entrepreneur visa but does not want the outlay of a £200,000 investment.
The overseas representative visa, also known as the UK sole representative visa, allows a senior representative of an already established company who does not have an existing UK presence to come to the UK to set up a UK presence in the form of a branch or a subsidiary.
The visa allows the senior representative to travel to the UK in order to establish the company in the form of registering the company, conducting business matters, opening offices and acting as the sole representative of said company.
In this regards, Global-Migrate provides guidance for applicants looking to obtain their overseas representative visa and will manage every step of the application process from the first contact through to granting of the visa as well as extensions Download Brochure.
What are the requirements?
To be eligible for the visa the applicant must:
- Apply from outside the EEA.
- Have sufficient funds to maintain themselves without the need for access to public funds.
- Meet the English language requirements.
What is meant by a sole representative Visa?
A sole representative must meet a range of criteria that must be considered by the individual and company at the time of applications. Firstly, the individual must be employed and recruited by the company they will represent and said the company must be based and have their main place of business outside of the UK.
The representative must have both substantial experiences in setting up branches for companies as well as relevant industry knowledge and experience. As such sole representative is required to have a senior position within a company that allows the authority to make decisions on behalf of the company they are representing.
The company must be able to show that its ability to expand and grow within the UK is demonstrable.
What type of companies should consider this option?
This visa is favourable for growing companies who have no presence in the UK and are looking to move into the market. Because there is no investment requirement it is often seen as a more flexible option than the Entrepreneur visa.
- It is suited to SMEs who are looking to ‘test the waters’ and expand into the UK.
- Who does not want to invest a lump sum of capital into the business?
- Nor have to fulfil other requirements under other similar business visa categories such as employing a certain number of employees.
Sole representative visa extension
The overseas representative visa lasts for a period of three years and can be extended after this. The extension last for a further two years. After the holder has been in the UK for a total period of five years, they can then apply for permission to settle permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Work for your employer, full time.
- Bring your family (‘dependants’) with you to the UK.
- Extend your visa multiple times.
- Apply to settle in the UK after you’ve been here for 5 years.
- Stay in the UK if your company’s circumstances change and you’ve been here for more than 2 years. (eg if they appoint a superior in the UK).
- Work for yourself or any other business.
- Stay in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer.
- Switch to this visa from any other visa category.
- Get public funds
Global Migrate is an organization with Immigration Experts from all around the world. We absolutely understand that visa applications and procedures can be complicated, intricate and tricky. We aim to ease your burden provide you with the best advice and top quality customer service. We are committed to your cause and therefore implement appropriate quality management systems and processes to enable us to deliver the highest quality services.